1. Classic doors Classic bedroom doors are composed of medium density fiber-board (MDF) or plywood. They are the cheapest option for bedroom doors, which makes them ideal for homeowners who are on a budget. Classic bedroom doors tend to err on...
HDB Bedroom Doors
Best bedroom doors supplier in Singapore
SG Doors provide a list of top-quality bedroom doors in Singapore. Our factory is in Singapore and can provide very customizable designs, specifications according to your requirement.
We can also provide additional door services such as door painting and varnishing. These are common related services that homeowners may require for their bedroom doors.
Importance of having a good bedroom door
Although they are often overlooked, bedroom doors are a very important part of your home. In general, doors are meant to provide you with a sense of privacy as well as a sense of security.
Doors prevent people from looking into your home as and when they please, and also physically protects you from outsiders. These qualities are all the more amplified when it comes to your bedroom – your place of rest and, arguably, the most personal and private part of your home. Bedroom doors are also important to demarcate spaces within your home, which is important for all occupants in the house.
In addition, choosing a bedroom door that matches the design of your home can help to brighten up your bedroom and make the interior design look more cohesive. A bedroom door that is not compatible with the design of your bedroom can instead make the space look messy or untidy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I choose the right bedroom door?
With how prominent interior design has become, the aesthetics of your home stretches beyond just furniture and wall colours. Doors are no longer only functional, they have come to form an integral part of the design as well.
Contrary to popular belief, the doors throughout your home do not necessarily have to be the same. Choose whichever design and colour best suits your wants and needs.
For instance, your bedroom door design doesn’t have to be the same as your guest room door. You may want your room door to be plainer and gentler on the eyes while desiring your guest room door to be more detailed and ornate.
Alternatively, for homeowners who would still prefer to have the same door design throughout their home, you can consider using the same colour scheme but varying the patterns on the door for added texture and style.
What are some additional bedroom door accessories to consider?
Additional Bedroom Door Accessories To Consider
We offer the following door accessories to complete your installation.
- Door hinges
- Door knobs
- Door accessories, including digital locks
- Door levers
- Mild Steel Gates
What properties do the doors have?
- Factory price
- Additional add-ons such as door hardware or accessories, even integrating with our own manufactured smart locks
For more specific customization on your bedroom doors, such as interior designer HDB main door with 3D effect, feel free to talk to us. Regardless of your interior design choice, we aim to bring the best out of your bedroom doors.
What makes SG Doors’ room doors unique?
SG Doors has over 20 years of experience in the Singapore door market with a local factory to produce any door you desire. Our team of door experts are more than happy to fulfil your creative requests (even 3D door designs!) at factory price.
Additionally, our doors come with a warranty, door accessories and can be fire-rated if your home requires it. Regardless of your interior design choice, we aim to bring the best out of your bedroom doors so contact us today!
How do I choose the best HDB bedroom door for my home?
Having a bedroom door that is more solid, more soundproof, is usually a better option for your bedroom door.
Buying a door for your bedroom is not as simple as just choosing one from an online store and getting a handyman to install it for you. We provide additional advice, such as the matching styles and on other factors such as doors giving the feeling of warmth, open space, to even allowing the amount of light to flow between rooms.
Keep in mind to match the look of the room with the type of door you choose, and always ask for advice before ordering a customized bedroom door.
Some interior design styles may require you to customise your bedroom door to match the colour and theme of your home design.
Below are a few things to keep in mind before choosing a room door:
- Asking for a quotation, warranty, workmanship and portfolio
- Solid core vs hollow core: you can choose hollow core doors if sound insulation is not a must, such as toilet doors. Solid core doors are good for durability and privacy (sound insulation).
- Door knobs and other accessories: Most knobs should be easy to install, and compatible with both right and left-handers. You should also check if there are hinges, knobs and other accessories that come along with installing a room door.
How to install HDB room doors with SG Doors?
Buying a bedroom door has never been simpler. Follow the 3-step process and order a bedroom door for your home today:
- Place an order with us through online enquire, SMS or phone call. Provide your contact details such as name and number.
- We will come down for a site inspection and on-site measurement of your door for confirmation. Upon confirmation, we will require a deposit first. We will issue an invoice once these are done.
- The door will usually be delivered and installed within 5-7 working days after the initial deposit is made.
What should I know about HDB bedroom door prices in Singapore?
The usual price of a bedroom door ranges between $360-$700, with higher-end products at a higher price point. Many factors affect the price point of an HDB bedroom door, including material, accessories, door frame size and thickness of the door.
To find out more, you can read up on our door prices guide.
SGDoors provide custom quotes and designs for homeowners looking to have a personalised door to fit into their interior design. Contact us for more info.
You can check out more of our products on our gallery page.
What are the pros and cons of laminated room doors?
- Easy maintenance
- Provides good sound insulation
- Many designs available, compared to other doors like classic doors and nyatoh doors
- The option of a solid core or hollow core based on your needs
- Although it can imitate the appearance of natural wood, laminated doors will not be as environmentally friendly.
- Laminated doors may not look as natural and as aesthetically pleasing as genuine wooden doors.
- Design and patterns on laminated doors may fade if constantly exposed to direct sunlight. This makes it unfit for installation in outdoor spaces
- It is challenging to repair a laminated door that has been damaged. You may be required to change your door completely, which can be very costly.
It may also have a cascading effect on your other door choices. Your hardwood front door or other aspects of your home may be limiting your design choice in choosing a bedroom door.
Why should I choose laminated HDB bedroom doors?
Laminated doors are in fact man-made by compressing layers of material and resin together. Although they are not natural wood, their customizable finish means that you have a greater variety of options and designs to choose from. They are cheaper, easier to clean and are more durable than pure wood doors.
Veneer and timber doors, however, offer that genuine look of wood grain and authenticity that only natural wood can provide. Speak to our door experts with over 20 years of experience for our recommended doors regardless of the style you want!
Are laminated doors good for bedrooms?
Laminated doors are anti-corrosive and have moisture resistance properties. Most importantly, it is resistant to terminate damages, making it equipped with a longer life expectancy.
When it comes to bedroom doors, you want to the door to have good insulation features so that it can act as an effective sound barrier between rooms.